This release has been thoroughly tested by developers and the community. The new features include:
- Archive objects and workspaces.
- When you no longer need an object or workspace you can archive it to remove it from your every day views, while it still is searchable and accessible through the “Archived Objects” workspace.
- Mark as read/unread for all types of objects.
- Until now the read/unread functionality was only available for emails. Now it is also available for all other types of content objects. If an object was modified since your last view it will be marked in bold for you to quickly notice that it has changes. Once you view the object it will be marked as read.
- Tons of improvements to the email module.
- Share mail accounts among several users. This allows several users to read or write email from one common email account.
- Assign a workspace to a mail account to automatically classify email to that workspace.
- Group emails into conversations. Quickly access an email’s replies or original message from the email’s view.
- Attach files directly from your computer when writing an email.
- Send other emails as attachments. Just attach an email and mark the “Attach contents” checkbox.
- Email Junk folder. Mail classified as spam by your mail server is sent to the “Junk” folder.
- Emails are sent asynchronously. You can continue working on Feng Office while an email is being sent. Useful if sending email through a remote SMTP server.
- Create task from email. Shortcut to quickly create a task from an email.
- Insert inline images into Feng Office emails.
- Pre-configurations for known emails (GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo) when setting up an email account.
- Upgraded the document editor.
- Improved loading times. The new version loads much faster on all browsers.
- Improved cross-browser compatibility.
- Improved functionality. Insert images into a document, from the computer or from Feng Office.
- Lots of other improvements
- Improved workspace permissions edition.
- Events can now span more than one day.
- Basic editing concurrency. A user is warned if an object being edited was edited by someone else.
- Improved password recovery procedure.
Option to autodetect timezone.
- VCard contacts importing.
- Filter the Object Picker (the popup control to pick objects when linking) by text.
- Plus more.
- Lots of bug fixes since 1.5.3
- Fixed file uploads on Opera 10.
- Fixed events “Holiday” repeating.
- Forwarded emails and drafts didn’t keep attachments.
- Could not send emails to addresses with apostrophes.
- Fixed some issues about repetitive tasks and templates.
- Received emails with account’s email address as “From” were marked as read before being read.
- Pressing enter on a header field in IE and Opera would send the email.
- Plus more.
You can view the full changelog here.