Author Topic: Chat extension  (Read 69780 times)

phongca07

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chat extension
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 11:52:12 pm »
i think input text is too short. So is there any way to make it longer a little bit? Thank you!

phongca07

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 03:21:56 am »
I just wonder you want to chat or ask somebody for privacy about something you are not so sure and you don't want to say out load before making a public discussion. But the thing is whenever you send a message everybody in group will know that. You are a egocentric fear of making a dumb or stupid suggestion because you don't want everybody look down on you. So is there any way to chat privately with somebody before making a public discussion. It would be great if you have something like that for this chat extension. I just wanna show what I understand about this chat extension. For me, It's a great work ever. Thank you.

mirko

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 08:40:52 pm »
Hi,
little update: Now it should work in IE (solve IE problem 80020101 by removing <!-- --> in the script), longer text field and if you want you can use an icon from og repository for the chat-tab.
Have fun! ;)

Private messages are not supported, but I have an idea how it can be realized...

Mirko
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:43:01 pm by mirko »

zero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 04:38:59 am »
Hey there, pretty cool extension. It took me a while to install it properly (too bad module installation isn't as simple in OpenGoo as in Drupal...) but it works fine.

I have a suggestion: would it be possible to save a conversation as a new document? I mean, you could hit a "save as document" button anytime, creating a new document doing so. It would be great for archiving stuff during brainstorming sessions. And once you've saved a related document, you could create a new revision automatically each time you hit a "update current conversation archive" button. I know you can copy and paste a conversation manually into a new document, but this kind of feature would make the integration with the whole OpenGoo workflow very smooth.

Anyway, keep up the great work :)

mirko

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 08:26:54 pm »
Yes, the "plugin-system" is not a really one. OG is more a monolithic software regarding plugins and not easy extensible. In my opinion, an software must be extensible to reach a large community, espacally an open source software. Maybe later it will be. :)

phongca07

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 02:33:51 am »
Great work! I love version 4. Thank you

zero

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 06:18:20 am »
Yes, the "plugin-system" is not a really one. OG is more a monolithic software regarding plugins and not easy extensible. In my opinion, an software must be extensible to reach a large community, espacally an open source software. Maybe later it will be. :)
In fact it's the biggest complain I have about OpenGoo. Honestly it's quite an awesome piece of software, very user friendly, but when it comes to plugins or theming it's quite a painful process. I'm used to very modular softwares built with plugins in mind like Drupal or Vanilla, and being back to the old "let's edit three different files to make something work and edit them again after each new update" was quite a bad surprise. I hope there will be kind of an admin section for enabling/disabling plugins in the future, and and automatic update check, or at least a dedicated plugin folder. I know OG isn't supposed to be as extensible as a CMS, but oh boy that would be sweet.

Back to your chat extension, would there be a way to access directly the conversations saved in the database, like a chat history ordered by chat sessions or something like that? Right now it's a nifty little plugin, but it would become really useful if users had access to previous conversations.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 08:28:58 am »
We are aware of how much an API would benefit OpenGoo. We are always thinking on how to approach this issue, and we may have a first step towards this goal for version 1.3, or more likely 1.4. We won't have a formal API for some versions, because OpenGoo's core will probably suffer big changes in the following months, but we may have a way of creating autonomous plugins for OpenGoo (that will outlive an upgrade) in the following versions.

zero

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 10:01:45 am »
That's excellent news :)
I'm looking forward to this, keep up the great work guys!

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 11:09:46 am »
I found this GNU open source Ajax chat: https://blueimp.net/ajax/

It does look neat!
Thumps up for the OpenGoo development

Tide

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 05:25:34 pm »
I have installed version 4 of the chat module.  While I was doing it I decided to integrate it a little further.  I have included new instructions that will add the ability to enable/disable the module just as you can the other modules.

Thanks for making this!  I really appreciate it!

anurag

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 11:27:17 am »
Hi,

I followed the Setup instructions to the T, but I am not able to get the chat extension installed.

After doing all the changes like in the Setup.txt, it shows me a blank page. I tried debugging in Eclipse, but that didnt help. Couldnt find anything on the Net too.

Any pointers?

Regards
Anurag

Syrion

• View Profile
    • Studio Krater v.o.f.
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 02:04:23 am »
@project admins
Is it possible to include this extension into the core by default?

Junkah

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 09:44:23 am »
Hi,

I followed the Setup instructions to the T, but I am not able to get the chat extension installed.

After doing all the changes like in the Setup.txt, it shows me a blank page. I tried debugging in Eclipse, but that didnt help. Couldnt find anything on the Net too.

Any pointers?

Regards
Anurag

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem...

adrinoe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 06:12:01 am »
Hello,
I had this application , but when i add a message  i see this but when i refresh this page i don't see the latest message .

But all messages are in the database  .