Author Topic: email beta  (Read 15421 times)

sovteq

• View Profile
email beta
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:11:35 am »
i properly configured my email account, by cant send email (1.1 and 1.2 beta)

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: email beta
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 05:54:53 pm »
What errors are you getting?

sovteq

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 06:08:02 pm »
smtp not configured properly

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 10:45:33 am »
Hi sovteq,

It seems that SSL for sending email is not yet supported, only for receiving email. So maybe that is the problem. For example, you won't be able to send email from a GMail account.

Joshuancsu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 06:01:36 pm »
I too, am getting this problem.  I get an Error 500 on the popup message box.  However, I have tested several other mail programs and none of them require SSL.
Email sending appears to be ok, however, email receipt appears to be problem.  I even scoured your forums for a fix and came across one post that suggested a process for adding a POP3_port to the database and several files.  This did not work and I was forced to revert to my original file and database structure.

From start to finish, here's what I get...

I log in and when the screen comes up, I immediately get a "Method not supported" message.  No other information can be found (unless you can point me to a more verbose error log).  Nothing is missing on the screen and all of the buttons and tabs are working.

I click on EMAIL (Beta) and "check mail".  It pauses for a moment and tells me that I have an Internal Server Error 500.  If I go and look in the mailbox via squirrelmail or something, there is an item in the box, unread and untouched.  If I were to delete that message, I could "check mail" from inside OpenGoo and it would report no errors, with no emails picked up.  However, if there is a message in the box, it dies.

Sending mail - I have NO problems with.

My server uses standard ports 110 for POP3 and 25 for SMTP.  I've tried addressing the "mail server" by IP, web domain name as well as localhost to no avail.

I am running CentOS and cPanel.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 02:33:07 pm »
Try setting DEBUG to true in 'config/config.php'. Now you should get an error message instead of the error 500 popup.

Thanks.

Joshuancsu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 12:50:40 pm »
When I enable debug, I get the following message:
Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Call to undefined function iconv() in /home/reconstu/public_html/office/environment/classes/mail/MailUtilities.class.php on line 66

I look at lines 65-67:
$mail->setImapFolderName($imap_folder_name);
$mail->setContent(iconv($encoding, 'UTF-8//IGNORE', $content));
$mail->setFrom(self::getAddresses(array_var($parsedMail, "From")));

I'm not using IMAP, so that shouldn't get in the way, so it looks like it may be tied to the setContent function.

Does this help?

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 03:02:57 pm »
It seems that you PHP installation doesn't have the iconv function. You can add this piece of code to file 'environment/functions/utf.php' as a workaround, although you may have problems when rendering non-ASCII characters (which I guess is better than getting an error :)). If email you receive is usually in English you will not have any problems at all.

Here's the code. Add it near the end of utf.php, before the '?>':
if (!function_exists('iconv')) {
function iconv($in_charset, $out_charset, $text) {
return $text;
}
}

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks.

Edit: Corrected the code. Was missing the ! sign in the if condition.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 03:11:46 pm by ignacio »

felipe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 10:10:11 pm »
Hi guys.

I can't receive or send e-mail through OpenGoo, and I think I configured the stmp and imap correctly.
I set the debug flag to true on the config.php file. When I try to get the messages from the server, it says that it succesfully retrieved 0 messages. When I try to send a e-mail it says there was an error, but it doesn't give any further info.

Regards,
Felipe