Author Topic: Translation interface plugin  (Read 39353 times)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Translation interface plugin
« on: July 18, 2008, 02:42:23 pm »
Anyone knows of a cool -well PHP programmed- interface that would enable translation for any user that could be meshed-into OpenGoo? I bet there must be a hundred CMS's with this feature.

There are many volunteers to translate, but editing the text files is discouraging to most.

See this comment, for example.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

kokken

• View Profile
Re: Translation interface plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:12:13 pm »
If you need any to help translate to danish, i am all in, speaks and write, Danish, English and a lot Spanish and some German.

GreetZ
Kokken

And hi to everybody, this is awesome.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 09:22:26 am »
Hi kokken and welcome to OpenGoo!

We will be contacting you soon then to translate OpenGoo to Danish. We are working on adopting a web interface for translations. It will be either launchpad.net or one we develop ourselves.

Does anybody have any experience with launchpad's translation mechanism and would like to help us?

aries

• MSN Messenger - feher.janos@mindworks.hu
    • View Profile
    • Aries' blog
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:35:06 am »
Drupal has a live translation server solution and beautiful on-site editing magick with jquery. Download Drupal 6 and get l10n_client and l10n_server and that's all. If you need help, just ask me.

furins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 03:28:21 pm »
I tried launchpad.net.

It seems really easy (at least from the user side) and it includes the possibility to suggest improvements to existing translations. If you want to use launchpad, it will be necessary to write a php function that gets the translation from the .po files (the gettext ones). I'm sure the function already exists, and in any case it is trivial to write it.

Anyhow I think that using gettext file format will open you to a plethora of great tools to simplify the work to translators, so it will be THE solution independently of the interface used to insert new translations.

The extjs translation is quite different, but I guess it is possible
  • to generate a js at runtime, then to cache it  OR
  • to write a small script that collects the translations and builds a new lang.js every time a new release is published
maybe other solutions exists, however.

Please consider me if you need somebody to write/test the mentioned code!

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 05:14:40 pm »
Yes please, it would be great if you could write that code! We too think that launchpad is very easy to use and having that tool would encourage more translators to contribute with translations as well as improve the quality of the translation files.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask.

robertpetersen

• View Profile
    • Konweb.dk
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 02:19:52 pm »
I would like to assist the translation into Danish.
I just found the great software, I have been using webcalendar for my Soccer team, but the calendar and documents inside OpenGoo is excactly was i have been looking for.
So please contact me, when you are ready with the plugin.

Best regards, and merry Christmas to you all.

Robert, Denmark
Best Regards, Robert

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 09:00:57 pm »
I would like to assist the translation into Danish.
I just found the great software, I have been using webcalendar for my Soccer team, but the calendar and documents inside OpenGoo is excactly was i have been looking for.
So please contact me, when you are ready with the plugin.

Best regards, and merry Christmas to you all.

Robert, Denmark

Hi Robert. Nice to meet you.

Having a Dansk translation would be great! Would surely drive many more users to the community.

Please read this post where Ignacio explains how to translate using a new integrated translation tool. It makes it pretty easy. If you need assistance, don't hesitate to let us know.

We could also attempt to have a Dansk section on the Other languages board.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

baram204

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 04:45:46 am »
yet i can't find that solution

uhm.. but i translate it(en_us) almost done in korean...

and.. it's so huge...

there is so many easy volunteer...

but there are few volunteers can take the huge amount of that

languge script.. i think...

on -line and instant mash up plugin is import.

yes, but first get the right people is important too..

it means... many real japanase have to know about this cool program

so the translate progrees will be fast.

anyway ~ mashup!! that's a good sounds!! i interested in that thing

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 01:28:02 am »
The way Joomla manages there languages is really good in my eyes? I'm no expert about this stuff but as my point of view Joomla has .INI files that contain all the text strings.

I don't know if this is loads of work but when this is done its really easy to make other languages!  Every application/component should have its own .INI file so customisation of components can be done easy.

When developers want to add there own component they should also use these .INI files so they can be translated the same easy way.

Anyway maybe OpenGoo already works this way? or this is not possible because of its core?
Thumps up for the OpenGoo development

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 03:00:23 pm »
OpenGoo works this way. Instead of .INI files we have PHP files and JS files that define the translation text for a string. A new component can have its own PHP and JS files that are loaded automatically and can define new translation keys.