Author Topic: Can't send email, problems receiving.  (Read 15368 times)

TJOHO

• View Profile
Can't send email, problems receiving.
« on: December 13, 2008, 12:59:56 am »
I just set up the email client in OpenGoo with exactly the same information (POP and SMTP) as in my current webmail client.

It retrieved only 18 of several hundred messages already in my Inbox.

Subsequent emails are not retreived either. When pushing the "Check email accounts" button,  the part of the interface that belongs to the email tab just turns grey.

Finally, when trying to send email, I get this error message:

Error -1: transaction aborted.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Can't send email, problems receiving.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:05:23 am »
Since Email is in Beta it is not working correctly on some installations, and it can hang OpenGoo when checking email. If this happens, anything that you try after that will give you that kind of errors (transaction aborted).

thetitan

• Veni Vidi Vici
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yvebts
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - althetaz
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 12:46:13 pm »
so, how do we fix this? I just added an email account. Then I started to receive this error in the email module. Now I can't edit or remove the account I just added.

thetitan

• Veni Vidi Vici
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yvebts
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - althetaz
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 04:19:34 pm »
Never mind.

I went directly into the database and made the necessary changes to the account profile. Now it works fine.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:38:34 am by thetitan »

blacklion1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 06:24:58 pm »
Never mind.

I went directly into the database and made the necessary changes to the account profile. Now it works fine.

Well Ain't that nice, Do You Mind Sharing with the rest of the viewer how you "Fixed" the problem?

I mean Incredible this is a "beta" project and threw the whole forum are pages of incomplete  thought , hidden solutions and responded cries of help, ..........Incredible

So Mr. "thetitan" how did you repair the error message threw the data base?

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 05:06:21 pm »
Version 1.3.1 is more stable regarding email. It shouldn't be hanging OpenGoo anymore when checking email. Anyway, you can totally avoid having to check for new email by configuring a cron job to fetch new email for you. Here you can see instructions on it:
http://wiki.opengoo.org/doku.php/setup#setting_up_a_cron_job_on_the_server

blacklion1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 01:42:57 pm »
Version 1.3.1 is more stable regarding email. It shouldn't be hanging OpenGoo anymore when checking email. Anyway, you can totally avoid having to check for new email by configuring a cron job to fetch new email for you. Here you can see instructions on it:
http://wiki.opengoo.org/doku.php/setup#setting_up_a_cron_job_on_the_server

Thanks "ignacio" I am running 1.3.1 So this will handle the "SENDING Mail" problem as well?

I have client who need to be able to send emails from there personal space

I'll have a look at this, If there's something I'm missing please provide a example  or link with instructions for that as well, and i will respond back if there's any changes