Author Topic: Our use of FengOffice  (Read 10147 times)

VotreEspace

• View Profile
    • Email
Our use of FengOffice
« on: March 13, 2011, 02:31:47 pm »
Who we are
We are a conglomerate company, meaning we are multple compagny regroup under one banner but are totaly separate entities and each one have a representative in the Conglomerate Administration, But the conglomerate cannot dictate each company what to do...

We say we have a starfish type of enterprise, each branche have it's own brain, no central brain deciding for all.
some of the companies :
Créations Xagone
VotreEspace Services Internet (me)
JC Communication Graphique
SportsMotorises
Québec Infor

Primary use
Project management, Document sharing, time & tasks.

Work scenario
Each companie have its own "context" in FO, and each project is sub-contexts, we have removed email and calendar since we already use Google Apps. We create tasks/documents/notes and assign it to compagnies/users under the project and sub projects, we all get notify when something is done and we can easely do a timesheet to create internal invoices.

What's missing
- Dashboard configurabilities (ex : i dont want activity report, but only task, and my college dont want task, but the activity repport)
- Context personnalisations, we love the color dots, but a favicon type of dot would be better
- a "last thing YOU did" on the dashboard would be great.
- sub weblinks, like we point to a website, and in my case, a particular page we have to "copyrerite"
- report exemples! it took me a week to figure out how to report properly... would have been easyer with an exemple!

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Our use of FengOffice
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:15:30 pm »
Hello there, welcome to Feng Office Forums!

Thanks a lot for your feedback! But take into account you can create links to different websites (few of them get broken for the time being though) and you can manage the Overview panel as you wish (check your account settings and look for dashboard options)

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

potion

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • WorkgroupBase
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:02:57 am »
...and we can easely do a timesheet to create internal invoices.
I must say I have never been able to create a timesheet very easily in Feng Office.   Perhaps you can explain how?

To anyone providing professional service, billing by the hour or by project, and collaborating with outside sub-contractors and freelancers, really robust time tracking is essential.  

FengOffice looks promising when you first encounter the nifty task-timing stopwatch; but beyond that, time tracking looks like a glued-on afterthought, and the process of extracting a timesheet is about as easy as extracting teeth.  I would love to see real-time timesheet summaries that can be sorted by task, milestone, workspace, user, group, etc.  Once a timesheet is released for billing, then the tasks are marked as 'billed' and cannot be billed again, but should remain available for reporting purposes.

My hope is that the good folk at FengOffice make this a pressing priority.  

...and that would lay the foundation for a decent billing module to follow, perhaps?   ;)

Marrying the beauty of Feng's Workspace/Context paradigm with a great time/money tracking system would be sublime.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:08:49 am by potion »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 02:33:35 pm »
...and we can easely do a timesheet to create internal invoices.
I must say I have never been able to create a timesheet very easily in Feng Office.   Perhaps you can explain how?

To anyone providing professional service, billing by the hour or by project, and collaborating with outside sub-contractors and freelancers, really robust time tracking is essential.  

FengOffice looks promising when you first encounter the nifty task-timing stopwatch; but beyond that, time tracking looks like a glued-on afterthought, and the process of extracting a timesheet is about as easy as extracting teeth.  I would love to see real-time timesheet summaries that can be sorted by task, milestone, workspace, user, group, etc.  Once a timesheet is released for billing, then the tasks are marked as 'billed' and cannot be billed again, but should remain available for reporting purposes.

My hope is that the good folk at FengOffice make this a pressing priority.  

...and that would lay the foundation for a decent billing module to follow, perhaps?   ;)

Marrying the beauty of Feng's Workspace/Context paradigm with a great time/money tracking system would be sublime.
Hello there, thanks for your input.
Concerning Feng and timesheets, Feng Office 2.0 will be more useful with this and help keep on tracking time spent with charts and such. You may find further information and screenshots here.
However, Feng Office 1.7.X version does count with time reports, along simple billing features - which will be eventually improved in Feng 2-, that are quite handy.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

andrewstn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 09:42:02 am »
Feng is a wonderful Project Manager. It's very simple when compared to other PM's. Personally the upgrade from 1.x to 2.x is a big step.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 07:53:29 pm »
Thanks Andrew!

Those are kind words.

You did not try version 3.X yet? If you felt 2 was an improvement, please give version 3 a try!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

ferazop

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 06:07:17 am »
ollaborating with outside sub-contractors and freelancers, really robust time tracking is essential. 

aurel198

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 10:28:43 am »
interesting information