Author Topic: Path for New Plugin  (Read 5798 times)

Eggsalad

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Path for New Plugin
« on: February 04, 2014, 06:19:31 pm »
Hi-

I hope someone can help.

I'm trying to add a custom plugin on a new tab.  The tab works, but the window is empty except for this error message:
We are sorry, but Feng Office is not currently able to execute your request. An Error Report has been sent to the administrator.

Looking at the log file, I see:
exception 'FileDnxError' with message 'File '/home/[company]/www/www/pm/application/views/[plugin name]/[action name].php' doesn't exists' in /home/[company]/www/www/pm/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php:309

So it seems like it's looking for the view file in the wrong path -- maybe the system action path instead of the plugin path.  The path to plugins is .../plugins/...

It seems like it's set up properly in fo_tab_panels and fo_plugins.

I've read everything I could find in the wiki.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!!

Eggsalad

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Path for New Plugin
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 03:37:08 am »
So I ended up just creating a file where it was looking for it, which included the actual file where it's supposed to be -- in the plugins directory.

I spent some time digging through the code, and it seems like at one point it checks whether a controller class is a plugin but doesn't use that fact when it later creates the path, even though the getTemplatePath function in Env.class.php has an option for plugins.  No plugins argument seems to be passed to it.